Certified Professional Youth Coach (CPYC)
Welcome to the Certified Professional Youth Coach (CPYC) program!
This course is designed for professionals who are passionate about working with young people and helping them reach their full potential. Whether you are a teacher, counselor, mentor, or coach, the CPYC program will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and tools to effectively support and empower youth in your care.
Throughout this course, you will learn about the principles and practices of youth coaching, including how to establish a positive and supportive coaching relationship, how to set goals and create action plans with youth, and how to use a strengths-based approach to develop and enhance the skills and talents of the young people you work with.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key principles and practices of youth coaching, including the role of the coach, the coaching relationship, and the importance of goal setting and action planning.
- Use a strengths-based approach to identify and build upon the unique strengths and talents of the young people you work with.
- Understand how to establish and maintain a positive and supportive coaching relationship with youth, including how to communicate effectively, provide feedback, and create a safe and inclusive environment.
- Understand how to adapt your coaching style and approach to meet the needs of diverse youth, including those from different cultural backgrounds or with special needs.
- Develop the skills and confidence to effectively coach and support young people in a variety of settings, including one-on-one, group, and online environments.
- Understand the importance of ethics in youth coaching, and be able to adhere to ethical guidelines and best practices in your work with young people.
- Learn about the latest research and trends in youth coaching, and be able to apply this knowledge to your practice.
- Develop the skills to effectively assess and evaluate the progress of the young people you work with, and use this information to guide your coaching and support.
- Understand how to effectively collaborate with other professionals and stakeholders in order to provide the best possible support and resources for the young people you work with.
- Be able to use a variety of coaching techniques and strategies, such as goal setting, action planning, active listening, and positive reinforcement, to help young people achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
We are excited to have you join us on this journey and become a certified professional youth coach. Let’s get started!